Right now, many of you would have came acrossed groomers using hand polish. Of course, hand polish is easier as compared to machine polish. However, there are limitations in engaging hand polish.
Machine Polish refers to using buffering machine or sander to polish the entire exterior. Types of buffering machines includes: Dual Action (DA), Obitary, Rotatry. Different machines are engaged for different purposes.
- Well even polish, will not cause uneven paint if engaged properly
- Eliminates swirl or hologram
- Able to clear water spot mark up to 80%
- Eliminates fine scratches or hairline scratches
Disadvantages (If not engaged properly):
- Cause paint burn immediately
- Uneven paintwork resulting in overlapping of paint
Now! Hand polish is easier as the movement is 100% controlled by your own hand. However, please do consider all limitation before deciding further.
- Easier to polish
- Cost is cheaper than machine polish (Up to $50 to $80 difference)
- Unable to remove minor scratches, swirl or hologram
- Clarity is definitely poorer than machine polish
So, its time for you to decide which methods of polishing suit you well.